Social Media

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

It's Feeling a lot like Fall : Complementary Colours


Eeek. The air is crisp these days my friends. Meaning fall fashion is in full swing.  I've definitely been feeling colourful lately. So I decided I was going to pull out my amazing blue lacy skirt. When I'm in this colourful mood, it's fun to mix complementary colours.  Complementary colours- lets do a review of the three combinations: Blue and Orange, Yellow and Purple, Red and Green.  My high school art teacher told me to think of the seasons to remember these pairings. Summer, Spring, Winter.  I mean of course if you do a bright red and green combo,  you risk looking like a walking christmas present. But a burgundy and forest green could look magnificent together. So next time your feeling colourful, try and pair some complementary colours together. It pretty much guarantees a fun outfit.





Sweater | Gap (similar here)
Skirt | Anthropologie
Purse | Thrifted ($5!)

5 comments:

  1. wow i love how bright and colourful this outfit is! also your blog header is so cute! i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lynette-makeup.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I really appreciate the positive feedback about the logo. I spent a lot of time designing it!

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit! I'm regretting not buying that scarf now :(

    ReplyDelete